Katy spent her 20s working as a freelance storyteller as well as a partner in a strategy consultancy (Latitude Partners LLP), a possibly unique job combination! She understands first-hand how story and metaphor can be used effectively in organisations.
Between 2000 and 2006, she worked with Philippa Tipper as A Word in Edgeways running a number of one-off workshops and longer projects for a range of clients including the BBC, the Home Office, the Open University, the Countryside Agency, the Government Office for the South East and a series of OpenSpace events funded jointly by the Treasury and the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Read in detail here about their innovative work for the DTI.
More recently, she has used storytelling in her work for a major accountancy firm and an international pharmaceutical company.
Katy would be delighted to discuss how you might use storytelling in your organisation. Here are some ways that have worked well in the past...
- performance of traditional tales to provoke discussion or spice up a corporate event
- creating a "story of the day" on the spot, to be shared at the close of a conference, reflecting on what has taken place that day
- using story and metaphor to evaluate or celebrate a process or event
- a fresh angle on communication and presentation training
- the basis for an enjoyable, stimulating team day